Sunday, April 29, 2018

FINDING THINGS

The other day I ventured out to Geiger Key Beach. The road ends at the east end of the beach, but you can walk on down the beach. If you go past the pole with the word "NUDE" written with a sharpie, don't be surprised if you see a lot of skin and not much clothing. On this particular afternoon, I came across several Queen Conchs. They were all about the same size, and beached on the rocks with the out going tide. This was the first time I had seen shells with critters still living in them.

Today, I took the kayak out. There were horseshoe crabs everywhere. Most were committing fornication... it's that time again.

When going through the mangroves, you never know what you will find. 


Like this, for example.


It has obviously been here for a long time. It sits in the middle of a little clearing.

The water is so much fun. A new adventure every time I go out. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment