Tuesday, December 10, 2019

LEZLIE'S BIG ADVENTURE: ARKANSAS VISIT

It has been many years since I've been back to where I grew up. My family moved to Patmos, Arkansas when I was in the second grade. It was a great place to grow up, in the country. The population was 73 and the school was first through sixth grade with an average of about 56 students. The school and gym burned down many years ago. Now, there is a small community park on the land. I stopped there and walked around the property and remembered the years I spent there. 

My cousin lives in the family home near Patmos, Arkansas. The house is unique, 161 years old and made of logs and stone. It has a long history, and a lot of character.


The magnolia tree in the front yard is huge and has beautiful flowers in the summer months. 


My four days of getting reacquainted with friends and meeting new family members, was a much needed visit. I could stay here for weeks, but I must move on down that long road. There will have to be another visit to Arkansas soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment