Thursday, September 25, 2014

JIMMY BUFFET

We all have our favorite Jimmy Buffet song, and know the words to many of his songs. I have many of his songs, but I didn't understand some of the lyrics until I moved to Key West. Jimmy has spent a lot of time here in Key West, and even has a little recording studio by the water.

"All of a sudden I wasn't  alone picking' country music with old Joe Bones. Duval Street was rocking…"


Joe Bones plays a lot of Buffett's music and played at Margaretaville on Duval Street, here in Key West. 

"I'm goin' down to Fausto's to get some chocolate milk…"


Fausto's is a small grocery store on Fleming, just off Duval Street in Key West. It's within easy walking distance of the dinghy dock we always tied to when we first got to Key West. I didn't know it was famous, I just thought it was really expensive. Who knew!




1 comment:

  1. My favorite Buffet song is "Cheeseburger in Paradise"...

    ReplyDelete