Sand, fair, sand, fair, sand, fiberglass, epoxy, sand, epoxy, sand... I see a pattern here. The starboard side will get fiberglass tomorrow, but today, I sand. Being of short stature, the mid-section is at an uncomfortable height even standing on my stool. I have to rest my arms often.
The hole through the bottom in the vent trunk is drilled. I was dreading that. Putting a hole in the bottom of a boat, intentionally, just doesn't seem right. But, on a paradox, it makes perfect sense.
I decided to put an extra layer of fiberglass on the leading edge of the rudder. I foresee it getting a lot of wear and thought this would be a good idea.
The bottom gudgeon has been a problem in making. I built a form, filled it with the epoxy and fiberglass, turned my back for a few minutes, turned back around and saw it smoking! Okay, yeah, it got really hot, swelled, warped... it was a mess. I didn't want to waste that much epoxy and fiberglass, so I cut, filed and sanded it back into a shape that was just smaller than the finished size. I pulled it back out and started working on it again today. It should be finished in a few days. I will have pictures of the finished product.