Sunday, October 23, 2011


The cabin enclosure has been the hardest thing for me so far. The plans are confusing because everything was crammed onto one page. There are many angles and I stare at it and my eye just glaze over. I have started to cut lumber and am taking it one step at a time.

The Paradox design, in my opinion, is just about perfect. The only thing I dislike, is the boxy look of the cabin enclosure. To help give it some curved lines, I am taking away the corners of the windows, and rounding them.

In order to open up the cabin more and get more air flow through, I am making a removable panel for the aft wall. Several builders have done this, and I think it is a very good idea. It will also make it easier for this short legged woman to get in and out of the cabin.

This weekend, the mosquitos just about carried me away, so this cut my building days short. The repellant didn't even slow them down. My grandson likes to get in the boat and pretend. So, we played for a little bit before heading back into the house.

I have kept all the receipts of all the purchases for TARDIS. I haven't been keeping a running total. When it's completed, then I will get a total. I priced Lexan today, wow. I will just grit my teeth and pay it. :-)

Saturday, October 15, 2011


Shawn and I pulled TARDIS off the trailer and back on the dolly and into the garage. It's been many weeks since I have done anything to her. Before I do anything, I need to make a trip to the lumber yard.

But, I did sell the temporary trailer I bought to move her to our new house. I listed it on Within 4 hours it was sold, and I got what I paid for it. I can live with that.

Today was a beautiful day. I should have been out on the water. Maybe I'll go to the beach tomorrow. Sounds like a plan.

Sunday, October 2, 2011


When I was a little girl, my mother said if she tried to help me do something, I would say, "do it myself ". Well, I haven't changed. On Thursday, the trailer was ready for the boat, and I did it myself.

The roller assemblies were bolted onto a 2 x 4. Then the 2 x 4 was bolted onto the trailer. Not knowing how much the boat weighted at this point, I was afraid that she would be hard to get on the trailer. TARDIS was sitting on her Dolly, so I rolled her up to the back of the trailer. Her stem was about 4 inches lower than the roller at the back. About the time I was going to lift the bow up, my neighbor came over and wanted to help. He easily lifted her bow and set it onto the roller. Then, with little effort, we pushed at the stern and she rolled right onto the trailer. I really could have done it all by myself!

Immediately after TARDIS was settled, it began to pour down rain. I backed her up into the garage and began to strap her down.

Since the boat didn't take up the whole trailer, there was lots of room to pack stuff on. I was beginning to feel like the Clampetts.

I slowly drove the 35 miles to Pasadena, keeping an eye on the left tire that has a leak. I aired up the tire before I left, but didn't know how long it would hold air. I made it home without incident.

Now that I am all moved and settled, I can start back to work on TARDIS. After she is finished, I will need to get a trailer that fits her. One with no rust, working lights, safety chains ... you know, all those required parts.

*NOTE: I don't have internet yet, so if this post looks different it's because I wrote it on my phone.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4