Monday, July 27, 2015

MY SUMMER VACATION

Remember when you had to write a "What I did on my summer vacation" report? Well, I haven't had to write one of those in many years, but I thought I would write one tonight.

Eons ago, Chuck water skied at Cypress Gardens. He skied the shows and was a competitive skier. The ski club he belonged to in Philadelphia, called him a few months ago and asked him to come be a part of the show they were planning this month. He agreed, and I was able to be there for the show.

Getting ready to take off from the dock.

It was a great day at the river, and I met some really nice people. I learned to water ski when I was very young, four or five years old, but I haven't been on skis for about forty years. My cousin, Keith, asks me every time I see him, "Do you think you could still ski?"  I guess we will find out when Chuck gets his ski boat running again.

Neither Chuck or I had been to the Grand Ole Opry, until this past week. On our way home, we went to Nashville. We toured the Ryman Auditorium. I didn't know it had such a great history. The Grand Ole Opry performed there until 1974. The Ryman was getting old, so the show was moved to a new location.

The night we were there, we heard Vince Gill, Phil Vassar, Bill Anderson, A Thousand Horses, and a few more artists. Each artist sang three songs, but I would have liked to hear more from Vince Gill. It was a wonderful evening, and another thing checked off the bucket list.


No comments:

Post a Comment