Seems that every retail store has a credit card. And they want all their customers to have their card. I'm sure it's a money maker. This means that the cashiers have to try to get "credits". In other words, the cashier is suppose to talk every customer into applying for the credit card. Once, my manager told me, "It's like not taking "no" from that girl that won't go out with you. You just keep on until they say yes."
Here are a few of the responses I have gotten when I ask if they would like to apply for a credit card:
- My husband would KILL me!
- Oh, that would be dangerous.
- I only use THIS card to get my miles.
- I only use THIS card because I get cash back.
- Not for 20% interest!
- I do not want anymore credit cards.
- I only pay cash.
- I want to "own" it when I walk out the store.
Some of my customer are a lot of fun, and then their are the others. For the most part, our customers are patient with us. But, you will get those people that are in a bad mood before they ever darken our doors. Last week, I did have an elderly lady get so mad at me that her lips started to quiver. It was hard not to laugh.