Sunday, January 9, 2011

Paradox Build


The build is taking longer than I had hoped. But, yesterday, we did a dry fit. A couple of the bulkheads need more beveling, and #2 still needs a little work before it can go together. The mast, boom, yard, rudder and rudder stock are in different stages of completion. I would like to have it in the water this summer, we'll see.

This project has been a fun one. The running and anchor light was difficult to figure out, but we did and now are making that. The unit will be removed from the masthead for storage. It helps that Dale, my better-half, is an electrical engineer. He is in charge of the electrical stuff. We will post updates as they happen.

I have the plans and Don Elliot's build manual, but this novice builder still has many questions. I have posted them on the Paradox forum on Yahoo, and everyone has been very helpful. They are a great source of information, and always willing to help. They have been great!

The name of the boat has already been decided, but will wait until it is 3D to reveal. Hopefully, that will be within a couple of weeks.

Lezlie
Houston, TX

4 comments:

  1. Looking good Lezlie.
    We'll be checking in regularly for updates.
    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see it coming along. Can't wait to see it float.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Lezlie! Hey I think you are the nearest Paradox builder/owner to me. Maybe I'll see you at the Texas 200 in a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations
    "Cachivache"
    www.derawson.com.ar/fotos.htm

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.