Tuesday, January 25, 2011

TARDIS

The naming of ones boat is very important. The name can be meaningful or just silly. My father built a boat and named it after his youngest daughter. He called it Princess Dana. But, what will my paradox be called? When I came up with a possible name, I thought of how it would sound on the radio; "This is sailing vessel ______". That immediately eliminated most possibilities.

Last year, I discovered the television program Doctor Who. For those not familiar with this program, Doctor Who is a British science fiction television program produced by the BBC. The show originally ran from 1963 until 1989. It was relaunched in 2005.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

The programme depicts the adventures of a mysterious and eccentric Time Lord known as the Doctor who travels through time and space in his time machine, the TARDIS (an acronym for Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space), which normally appears from the exterior to be a blue 1950s British police box. With his companions, he explores time and space, faces a variety of foes and saves civilizations, helping people and righting wrongs.

The TARDIS is a really cool ship. The outside looks like a blue box, but when you step inside, it is huge. "Bigger on the inside than it is on the outside" is how you will hear it described on the program. This blue box travels to distant places and has wild adventures. One night, while watching the show, I suddenly realized... I should name the paradox TARDIS. And, so I did.
No, we won't be traveling through time or space, but I do have a few adventures planned. I believe they will be exciting, even if we don't save civilizations or right wrongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment