Thursday, July 21, 2011

FIBERGLASS





The deck it so shiny now! It has a single layer of 6 oz fiberglass with 3 thin coats of epoxy. It is so pretty! It is ready to rollover and start to fiberglass the sides.


Here she is all tucked back into the garage waiting for the sanding and fiberglass on the starboard side. I will need a ladder to reach the mid-section.


The rudder and rudder stock have a layer of fiberglass and are ready for layer two of epoxy. These are exciting times.

I had a neighbor stop by last evening to look at the boat. He has been watching the progress from afar. I enjoy showing the boat off, and it helps me when I see their excitement. I guess I am a novelty: a woman boat builder. I really don't understand why I'm so unique, anyone can do anything they set their mind to, no matter what the gender. I grew up with a brother and have always been a tomboy. The things the guys did was way more fun than things the girls did. I put my dolls away at an early age, and didn't mind getting dirty. But, I've been told that I clean up nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment