Sunday, October 23, 2011

BACK TO BUILDING


The cabin enclosure has been the hardest thing for me so far. The plans are confusing because everything was crammed onto one page. There are many angles and I stare at it and my eye just glaze over. I have started to cut lumber and am taking it one step at a time.

The Paradox design, in my opinion, is just about perfect. The only thing I dislike, is the boxy look of the cabin enclosure. To help give it some curved lines, I am taking away the corners of the windows, and rounding them.

In order to open up the cabin more and get more air flow through, I am making a removable panel for the aft wall. Several builders have done this, and I think it is a very good idea. It will also make it easier for this short legged woman to get in and out of the cabin.


This weekend, the mosquitos just about carried me away, so this cut my building days short. The repellant didn't even slow them down. My grandson likes to get in the boat and pretend. So, we played for a little bit before heading back into the house.

I have kept all the receipts of all the purchases for TARDIS. I haven't been keeping a running total. When it's completed, then I will get a total. I priced Lexan today, wow. I will just grit my teeth and pay it. :-)




2 comments:

  1. Lezlie, polycarbonate (Lexan) is pricey--it also scratches easily. I'd look into Plexiglass (trade-name of, I think, acrylic). It's more scratch-resistant and also more brittle (but not excessively), and costs a bit more than half as much. I have used both in 1/4" thickness on different boats, and I expect to stick with the Plexi. Got mine from Ridout Plastics.
    Jeff Michals-Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lezlie, the hard bit is getting the hatch to run freely! I know I'm not alone in having trouble in that area, which reminds me, I must really sort it out properly over the winter months!
    Pete

    ReplyDelete