Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sliding Hatch - Part 3


The sliding hatch is well on it's way to being finished. The underside is glassed, and the last piece is curing as I write this.




The companionway hatch board is cut. A window will be put in it later.

My neighbors have been curious enough to come over and see what I'm building. And, I get the same questions:

"How did you learn how to do this?"
"What made you want to build a boat?"
"Did you do this by yourself?"
"How long have you been working on it?"

I don't mind answer all the questions, I enjoy showing the boat off. It makes me feel good that people admire the work I have put into this project. I looked back on my notes, and I started TARDIS on May 18, 2010. I do hope to have her in the water by May 1, 2012. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment