Sunday, July 15, 2012

TARDIS Has Paint!






I can't seem to paint anything without getting it in my hair! Today was no different, but I'm so excited that there is paint on s/v TARDIS. I was asked how many coats I was going to apply. My answer, "I don't know." Maybe three? I will know when I get to the last one.



I decided to use the Glidden Porch & Floor, off white. A navy blue stripe will be painted just below the toe rail.

I love the look of wood! So, of course, I will not paint everything. Many pieces will be painted with spar varnish; toe rail, hand rails, hatch board, cabin rails, mast, boom, spar, rudder stock and tiller.










I am also asked about my splash date... and again, my answer is, "I don't know". But one thing I do know, there will be a party at the splash!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on this milestone! I've been stalking you for a while (only on the blog, don't worry) and I am excited for you and Tardis. It looks to be a very worthy vessel of such a great name.

    Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete