Monday, March 30, 2015

BOTTOM IS ON!

The plans call for an exterior chine log. They are on and everything has been faired. The bottom goes on in two sections, with a butt plate holding them together. Done! It went on very easy, I didn't need help.



The bottom is 1/2 inch plywood. I want this boat to last and to be durable. So, I am putting two layers of glass on the bottom. Paradox called for three layers, but I think two will be fine for this boat. The plans also call for a stiffener to be fastened to the bottom. I will attach that over the glass.

It is almost April, which means the "snowbirds" start to head back home. They usually show up in November and December, and stay until April. Nearly everyone I have met at the Sailing Club, is a snowbird. I was told the place is like a ghost town in the summer.



3 comments:

  1. Looking good, Leslie! Maybe bringing it to SailOK this fall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I will make it this year. If I can get the time off work, maybe. OK is a long way from Key West! LOL

      Delete
  2. She's coming on well. Good for you.

    Cheers,
    Bill.

    ReplyDelete