Sunday, July 1, 2018

SMALL POND

KEY WEST.... vacation destination... paradise. However, if you are a single white female local... it's a small pond, with not many desirable single white males. Years ago, a close friend told me, "the only good ones are either married or gay". I think she was right.


As some of you know, I am one of those single white females. And I admit, that I have succumbed to the allure of the dating sites. Their promise of finding me my perfect match and soulmate, have failed me in Key West, FL. I have met a handful of guys. After a first glance, I have wanted to turn tail and run... but they saw me first, so I felt I couldn't. 

There was "no teeth" guy, "crazy hair" guy, "very large nose" guy, "passing through town" guy, "ex-wife obsession" guy, and finally... the supposedly straight guy that knew intimate details about past and present Key West events about gay bars, hotels and people.  I should have run on that one... I did see him first, but thought... he can't be that bad. I should have listen to my gaydar. It's usually right.

So, here I am, another weekend without company. I'm not sad or lonely, but occasionally I would enjoy the company of someone of the male species.... have a balanced life. I'm a little off balance.

Okay, my glass is empty and I'm tired of thinking. Let's see what's on Netflix. Ahhh, how 'bout another episode of Dexter.... press play!

No comments:

Post a Comment