Saturday, October 6, 2018

LAKE MCKILLIP

  

At the end of my block, there is a small salt pond connected to the Salt Run Channel. Occasionally, I will haul the kayak down and paddle the channel if it is too windy for open water. This summer, the pond was properly named. It was named after the man living across the street. For 60 years he kept the area clean and launched the skiffs that he and his son built over the years.

This week a sign was posted. I then noticed pipe a few feet from the edge of the lake... almost in a straight line. This morning I walked down to get a closer look, and saw a notice posted on the pole. About four months ago I heard a rumor that a gazebo type structure was to be built on the lake, and I thought the city was building it. It seems, by the notice, that someone didn't get a permit. Oops, someone messed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment