Sunday, December 8, 2019

LEZLIE'S BIG ADVENTURE: DAY THREE


I didn’t realize it was going to get so cold at night when I decided to sleep in my Explorer. I woke up to my fingers and toes numb, and I was shaking. I wasn’t getting on the road until daylight, so I started the engine to warm up the vehicle… I thought. It just blew cold air. At 6:45, as much as I didn’t want to drive, I pulled onto the highway again. I bet I watched the gauges more than the road. The feeling finally returned about three hours later. That was about the time the heater started working. My decision to move to colder weather was questioned many times during those hours of shivering in 32 degree temperature.



My plant survived the night, but was not very happy about it!

My goal for the day was to reach my cousin’s home in Patmos, Arkansas. I traveled about 15 hours through five states, and made it late Tuesday night. I grew up here, and love this area. I will rest here for several days and recuperate.



No comments:

Post a Comment