Sunday, August 28, 2022

My Paddle Buddy

Ten years ago, my brother and I took a Brother/Sister trip to Belize. On the trip we kayaked down the Mopan River. It was just our guide and us in inflatable kayaks. My brother hadn't kayaked since then, but I bought another kayak so he could go paddling with me.

A few weeks ago we went to a small lake here in town. It was a very relaxed paddle, very little wind and the water was calm. Yesterday, we went to Lake Alan Henry. We had about a 15 mph South wind and there were quite a few boats on the water. The water was not calm and we did have to paddle quite a bit up wind. I tend to lose track of time when I'm on the water, but in my defense I did tell him to let me know when he was ready to head back. 

Our route on Lake Alan Henry

He said he had fun, but I haven't talked to him today to see how sore his muscles are. Hopefully he will go with me again.



I have to at least put my feet in the water.




No comments:

Post a Comment