Sunday, October 22, 2023

TIE QUILT

I love quilts. They are warm and cozy. I made this one from the T-shirts that I have collected through the years. It was a good way to get them out of the closet and out where I can enjoy them and re-live the memory of the shirt. They are places I worked, places I visited or shirts given to me. I love it.

This one is dear to me. When anyone else looks at it, it probably just looks dull and boring. But I see the  little dresses I made my daughter, the maternity dresses I made for myself, the lining for the coat I made for a Christmas gift, and scraps from miscellaneous projects. And this kept me warm while crossing the Gulf on S/V Kairos in 2013. There are a lot of memories wrapped up in one quilt.


My father had quite a collection of ties. After he passed this summer, I wanted to make a quilt with them, for my mother. I invested many hours piecing and then hand quilting it. Today it was completed and delivered. 

Now my sewing table is cleared and ready to start another project. I need to vacuum all those little pieces of thread that didn't quite make it to the trash can, and oil my machine.



2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful!
    Shelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilt! I have memories of Dad wearing each of those ties. What a blessing you have given me.

    ReplyDelete