Tuesday, June 19, 2012

TX200...Hap's Cut to PIYC

Wednesday June 13, 2012

Yes, everything I heard about Hap's Cut is true. The mud is DEEP, and hard to wash off. The redeeming quality about Hap's Cut is the big beach and shade.

This is Major, Cathy Wright's dog. He is a well traveled dog. As everyone was packing and loading their boats, he patiently waited by the gear and anchor to be put on the boat.

We left Hap's Cut around 7:15 am. It was a smooth sailing day. Lot's of dolphins and one jumped out of the water within 10 feet of our bow.

This is Mike Beebe's paradox. He says she is not quite finished, but finished enough to make the trip. I was glad to see a paradox on this trip.
We arrived at the entrance of PIYC (Padre Island Yacht Club) and the wind was right on the nose. Some had to be towed in if they did not have a motor. We brought a motor, so we anchored, pulled the sails down and mounted the motor. We were able to get in to a slip with no trouble.

Priorities... after getting off the boat, I grabbed a beer... and then took a shower. I washed off three days of sweat, salt, mud and felt human again. There was a hamburger meal served that was so good, complete with potato salad, beans, chips, brownies and ice cream. Oh, and A/C !


The chart was pulled out and the next days route was discussed.







The yacht club was kind enough to let us camp out on their lawn, or roll out a sleeping pad in the building or on the patio. I thought to myself, I will sleep good tonight. Awdree Green grabbed me and told me she wanted me to sleep upstairs in the room where she would be staying. Later in the evening, around 10:30, I was ready for sleep. Unfortunatley, a group of gentlemen were playing cards on the other end of the room, so the lights were on. Within minutes, they started to disassemble and the lights were turned off. I thought now I can sleep. I laid there and listened to the snoring. Quickly I realized I would not be able to fall asleep, so I got up and went down stairs. There I found Gordo Barcomb sitting with a beer and a book. He shared an extra beer and we visited for quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment