Thursday, September 26, 2013

FOUR GENERATIONS


Four generations.

Mom & Dad meet Presley.
On September 22, 2013, my grandson, Aiden turned 5 years old. There were balloons, cupcakes, gifts and... a 'bouncy house'. The theme was 'super heroes', with an emphasis on Spiderman, because that is Aiden's favorite super hero. My parents flew down for this event, and to meet the new addition to the family, Presley. It is rare that the four generations are together, it was a Kodak moment. However, I couldn't get my mother in the bouncy house with me. Chuck, Bill and Amy did though. As safety conscious adults, it was our job to make sure it was safe for the kids. What gift did Aiden receive from me? Well, a Spiderman rod and reel, of course. Chuck gave him his first fishing lesson after the party. From the other room, I heard Aiden yelling, "Reel that baby in!" Chuck is teaching him well. Soon, Chuck will put real hooks on his line, and Aiden will be reeling in a real fish.

Rocket and Nana in the bouncy-house.

Saturday afternoon, Chuck took us out on the water. We had two manatee pay us a visit while we were still at the dock. We headed out on the water, Chuck and I did a little fishing. We didn't catch anything, but Mom and Dad enjoyed watching us try.

It was a great weekend, full of fun and laughter. Many memories were made, and will be cherished forever.

Aiden turns five!

No comments:

Post a Comment