Sunday, June 12, 2016

MEMORIES

My memory is not the best, and has caused me heartache in the past. When I was young, my grandmother jokingly said I needed "remembering" pill, but I would forget to take them. That was funny, but there is a lot truth to that statement. I buy several vitamins, and have even purchased a daily pill box to hold the doses. Half the time I don't remember to take them.

That was a wonderful trip... we should do it again!


Fifteen years ago, I started a scrapbook filling pages with pictures from adventures of my life. I envisioned me old and gray, sitting in a rocking chair thumbing through my scrapbook and reliving those adventures I didn't want to forget.

In the last three years, I was busy living this life, and hadn't taken the time to record it in my scrapbook. For the last few weeks, I have been trying to catch up on this recording of history. I don't want to forget any of it. But this has been more therapy than anything.

The last page has been filled, and I can close the book on the last 15 years of my life. Will I start another scrapbook for my next chapter? I don't know, maybe....



No comments:

Post a Comment