After moving the lead pigs around from place to place, and my hands getting grungy every time I touch them, I decided to coat them with something. I think this will help to keep the bilge cleaner too. I'm not sure what happens when lead comes in contact with water, but now I won't have to find out.
I took a wire brush and cleaned the lead pigs, then gave them four coats of Plasti Dip. It comes in two forms. You can dip or spray. I think it would be difficult to "dip" 30 pounds of lead, so I chose the spray.
Covering pretty wood with paint just seemed wrong today. But, I know the cabin has to be painted. This will make it lighter and seem bigger. I'm using Glidden Porch & Floor Polyurethane Oil Gloss paint in an off-white color. I've used this before and it holds up well. Besides, I had a half gallon left from the last boat.
The plumbing at the water tanks has been designed, and hopefully this weekend, will be installed. We don't have a pump yet, but that will sit behind bulkhead #4. I can go ahead and get everything done at the water tanks now. Be looking for that post next week.