Monday, May 23, 2011

Gimbaled Stove




Many distractions the last couple of weeks, but I think I'm making some progress on the build now. The cleat backing blocks at the bow and stern are in place, the two extra deck beams are glued in and the storage bin shelves are done on the starboard side and receiving paint now.

I'm making the gimbaled stove. I could not justify spending $165.00 for one, so I decided I would make one. Glen Maxwell made a stove for Zoe and posted pictures on the Paradox Yahoo group. It looks like a nice setup, so I am modeling mine after his with one change. I want mine to swivel in both directions.

I used 1 1/2" aluminum angle to make the frame that attaches to the burner. It is attached with rivets. A 1" aluminum strap was then bent for the outer frame. The two frames are connected with a bolt for the swivel. For the outer frame, I have door pulls that will slide into a block mounted on dividers behind bulkhead #4. I plan to work on that part this afternoon. I just couldn't wait to put the post up.

The cuts and bends are not perfect, but it is sturdy and I think it will work just fine. I'll post pics when I get it mounted in TARDIS.



No comments:

Post a Comment