Saturday, March 23, 2013

Growing Roots


Nice place to stop and just enjoy the view.
As most of you know, I have taken up residence in Key West, Florida. Meet my two house mates, Duval and Havana. Havana is shy, but finally warming up to me. Duval likes all the attention she can get. I am renting a room from their momma. The condo is in New Town, which is tucked back from the busy streets, but only one minute from the water. I can look out the balcony and see the Atlantic.






My kayaking friend, Dorothy.

I have made a few friends since I've been here. I told Dorothy I wanted to buy a kayak. She had just bought two, and said her husband was not real wild about going out with her, so she invited me to go kayaking with her. I had fun.

Today, I met someone else that told me I could use his kayak anytime I wanted to. Maybe I'll just 'borrow' for now, instead of buying.





I have also started working. I was getting bored and needed something to do. The money is a plus too. I am working in a frozen yogurt shop. On my third day, I was shown the outline for making a smoothie, and then the owner left me in charge of the store... alone. My first thought was, nobody ever asks for a smoothie, don't worry about it. In the next three hours, I was asked for three smoothies. I pretended I knew exactly what I was doing, and I was told they tasted good. It's been over 10 years since I've run a register, and I've only screwed up once.

Well, I must get ready for work. I have a bike and it's 4.5 miles to work. The ride doesn't usually take long, unless there are a lot of people on the bike path... it is SPRING BREAK right now, and can get pretty crazy. Yesterday, I had a very excited drunk spring breaker run along beside me yelling, "YAY, SPRING BREAK, YAY, SPRING BREAK...." I wanted to run over her, but thought it might tear up my bike, so I didn't.



1 comment:

  1. Your new life on Key West sounds incredible, and I love your new roomies:)
    Steve and I are having a $25 Amazon gift card give-a-way, please join the fun and get in on the drawing :)
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete