Tuesday, March 12, 2013

JOB HUNTING

I have to get serious about this job hunting. I've played long enough. In order to rent an apartment or room, I need proof of employment. Filling out applications is tough on my brain. I was applying for a position online, and I was asked to list everywhere I lived for the past 10 years. Seriously! When I move, or change my phone number, my brain deletes those old numbers. I had to get google maps to help me out. My daughter and I were trying to remember a house number from 8 years ago:

Amy: It had four digits.

Me: I know it was Boyd and a block from that church... but what was the name of that church?

Amy: It had an 0 in it...



I gotta' write this stuff down!
Most of my employment history, I was my own boss. There is no former employer to call and verify, and my wage varied.  I hate filling out applications!



It is SPRING BREAK in Key West, and the people have come in droves. The other day, I was waiting on a bus, when a couple college age guys drug their butts up the sidewalk. They had partied all night, then climbed into the back of a truck parked on the street, to get a little sleep. This particular truck was chosen because it proudly displayed a Florida Gators window sticker, and one of the guys was wearing a Gators shirt. He felt a bond, and if they got caught by the owner of the truck, maybe there would be leniency because of their common devotion.


This past weekend was very sunny, and I worked on my swimsuit collection, and my tan. I was told I had a 'farmer's tan': tank top and shorts. The Florida sun is intense, even in March. It shouldn't take long  for my blinding white belly to catch up with my tanned arms and legs.

Also, I've been here in Key West for over a month now, and haven't been swimming. I took care of that this weekend too. Throw pretzels in the water, and the seagulls come out of nowhere! Someone surrounded me in the 'bird food', and I felt like I was in a scene from "The Birds".

There have been a lot of shark sightings lately, but I did not see one. Guess that's a good thing, since I was IN the water.

Okay, I've put it off as long as I can. I'm off to fill out more applications...

No comments:

Post a Comment