Tuesday, March 19, 2013

St. Patrick's Celebration





I will start off by saying, I have never celebrated St. Patrick's Day. This was my first. I have met a group of people, most of which are from somewhere in Texas, so you know they are fun. Anyway, I celebrated with them this year. As I was getting dressed, I realized I have NOTHING green in my wardrobe. If I was going to hang with this group, I needed some St. Paddy bling, and they fixed me up.



We started at the street party and then worked our way to Duval Street. Our second stop was a new place called World of Beers. When you become a member, you get a T-shirt and a Loyalty Card. I thought it was appropriate, that my first beer was their Mile Marker 0.


In Key West, everything is celebrated, and with that come costumes. I have a great idea for making extra pocket money... custom costumes! Costumes are fun, and I did that for 2 1/2 years at Midland Community Theatre, I can do that here too.









3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a fun St. Patty's Day.
    I was looking at photos of your boat again.
    It sure has a nice galley. Our Catalina had a two burner stove, but looks like you have a oven. That is going to be great!!! I can almost smell the bread baking :)
    We just purchased a little Glen-L Fancy Free . . . she needs some cosmetic repairs, so we have a lot of sanding and painting a head of us, but plan to be sailing her on or before June :)
    Smooth sailing,
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hoot !! That looks like so much fun :)
    Meanwhile, back at the ranch, progress stumbles on with The Plover Project. We got the engine installed and running -- sounds great! We are days away from painting the hull and deck. Hope you are still in Key West when we finally get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, I'm sure I will still be here. I'll take you guys out and show you around, when you get here.

      Delete