Monday, November 25, 2013

GATOR'S TOY


Gator's favorite toy is a coconut, and there is no shortage around here. The cut-out collects them with every flood tide. Gator's first stop when he goes outside, is the cut-out. When he sees a coconut, he looks at me. Yes, he has me trained... I go down and get them for him. He will spend days chewing on the outer husk until he has it peeled.


The other day, I was outside trying to work on Scoot-Scoot (no, I haven't totally abandoned Scoot-Scoot). Gator got down to the fruit, and had it cracked. I took it away from him before he totally destroyed it, so I could finally see a fresh Florida coconut. With the help of a screw driver, I pried it in two. I tasted the milk... tasted a lot like wter to me. Not much flavor. I let Gator have the rest of it, and he seemed to enjoy it.


It's too bad that I don't like coconut, because I would have an unending supply of fresh coconut. When I go back home for Christmas, I will take a couple for the family. Gator's job is to shuck them for me. He will gladly do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment