Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lead Quest: Day Two


I sat down at the computer and opened the Google page. Maybe I am not searching the correct words, because all I am finding is expensive lead. Let's see... what about "lead ingots"... jackpot! I discovered the world of the reloader. After surfing for about 30 minutes, I found IT! The most beautiful shiny metal I've ever seen. At that moment I felt a little like Gollum, "We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious". I quickly shot off an email asking if it was still available. A "yes" reply came within five minutes, giving a phone number to call. I called and talked to Rick. And the lead is MINE. All I have to do is go get it. Okay, I have to drive an hour and a half to get it, but it's worth it. Even figuring in the cost of gas, it's still a bargain.


When Dale got home from work, we climbed in the Jeep and took off. Upon arrival, we find Rick weighing the lead, to make sure of the total pounds. About half of the wheel weights have already been melted into ingots. The other half, that will be my job.

I will still need more weight, but this is a good start. I can continue work on the rudder, and I can build the supports for the ballast pigs. Meanwhile, I will keep my eye out for more lead.





No comments:

Post a Comment