Monday, September 24, 2012

6 DAYS... and I haven't backed out yet!


It was a long, but productive day.  I am sitting down to leftover pizza and wine in a fancy Tom and Jerry glass.


The other night I couldn't get to sleep.  So much to do and so little time to get it done.  I was awake and on the computer at 2 in the morning.  A good friend, awake also, saw that I was having a rough night.  She talked me off the ledge, and by the end of our visit, I was feeling so much better about everything.  Thanks Kristen!  I am surrounded by a bunch of great and caring friends.

Today, I received wise words from another sweet friend, Cathy:
We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.

My son, daughter, and grandson lived here for a time.  When they moved out, as most children do, they left things behind.  My son went to California and my daughter went to Florida.  I rented a small storage unit to store their boxes.  My plan is to spend Thanksgiving with my daughter in Key West.  I know!  I will suffer through spending the holiday in Key West, but I will endure.  :-)  I will deliver her stuff at that time.

This past weekend was spent with my neighbor, Larry, helping me fit my trailer to TARDIS.  I don't know what I would have done without his help.  He is a godsend.  Later, there will be a detailed post about the trailer modification.  This evening, he came back over and we did the first fitting for TARDIS.  I have my shopping list for tomorrow.  But, doesn't she look good on the trailer?!

And, today was trash day, so I get to start a new pile of black bags at my curb.  Onward and upward!

I got liability insurance for The Flatulence.  The agent was very helpful in trying to get my premium as low as possible.  He tried many things, and then he looked at me and asked if I was engaged.  I looked at him, tilted my head, and replied, "maybe?"  After checking that box on my application, the premium went down $150.  So, guess what?  I'M ENGAGED!  Well, unofficially.  I will have a very long engagement to a mystery man!

3 comments:

  1. Tardis looks GREAT! Look what you've been able to do through such a time of turbulence... I hope you've taken time to step back and appreciate that fact. I'm so looking forward to your pictures and videos of Tardis in a completed state and sailing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lezlie, You are obviously in the hardest part of your transition--moving from the known world to the unknown. It will all work out to be what you want in time, have faith in yourself and your abilities. "Change is life giving. It helps us grow into someone greater than we already are". There is no change without doubts and fear and there can be no adventure without change.

    Stan Roberts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to mention that I am also eating leftover cold pizza and drinking tap water from a plastic cup while sitting at my soul destroying job staring at a screen saver of a boat.

    Stan

    ReplyDelete