Wednesday, July 20, 2016

ROAD TRIP - HOME SWEET HOME

MONDAY, JULY 17, 2016

Luckily, Jackie and I made it as far as Springfield, MO last night, so it was a short drive to Jackie’s home. We drove over to the storage unit where Jackie keeps her boats. I patterned Cowboy Cookies and her AF3, a Jim Michalak design, for cushions.

We had lunch at Jackie's favorite restaurant in Eufaula. My fortune cookie was spot on.

Happiness begins with facing life with a smile and a wink.
Jackie and I spent the evening recounting stories of our youth. When it was time to call it a night, the trash can was sporting 3 empty wine bottles. They weren’t all full when we started… I swear!



TUESDAY, JULY 18, 2016

When I checked in at the airport to fly home, I didn't realize that I was "TSA PRE". Didn't see it on my boarding pass until someone pointed out to me. I suppose I looked harmless. Didn't have to take off my jewelry, pull out my computer, take off my shoes. Another first.





It is nice to get away and see other parts of the country, but it’s alway good to get back home.  Cleaning out the pocket on my bag, I found a collection of room keys and business cards. I wondered why my bag was so heavy. Unpacking it, I found the four rocks I picked up at the Lake Michigan beach. They are not big rocks, but they are heavy… and pretty!



Tomorrow, it is back to work. It's back to a schedule for me.






No comments:

Post a Comment