Sunday, July 10, 2016

ROAD TRIP: part 2


DAY 3 - St. Louis
Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Last night, Jackie and I arrived at the hotel very late. With no alarm set, I slept right through breakfast this morning. We jumped up and went to Bella Milano, a wonderful Italian restaurant just around the corner and had lunch. Jackie raved about the toasted ravioli, so we started with that. And yes, it was delicious.  

Since I still don't have my luggage with all my clothes and toiletries, we stopped at Macy's and I bought a pair of jeans and a couple of shirts. My bag and I will be reunited tomorrow.

Jackie and I decided we needed to find a book that just came out. Barnes and Noble was around the corner, so we stopped in. We didn't find the particular book we were looking for, but Jackie couldn't resist a few others to add to her collection.

I had to see the famous Arch.

Looks like I've already had a few!!!
Everyone had to get out and relieve themselves at Forest Park.
Forest Park was very large and very green. It seems to be used by many, even on a Wednesday afternoon.

After a full day of sight seeing, and after the rowdy kids left the hotel pool, Jackie and I took a dip to wash away the miles.
REFRESHING!


Day 4 - St Louis
Thursday, July 7, 2016

Our day started out with a delicious breakfast and wonderful company. Jim Michalak met Jackie and I for breakfast at the Egg and I. I first met Jim in 2014 at Sail Oklahoma. It was good to see him again.




After breakfast, Dickens and I went back to the hotel to pack, while Jackie took the truck to the Ford place across the street for an oil change and rotate the tires. Once back in the truck, we headed to downtown St Louis. The Missouri History Museum located in the Forest Park had an exhibit on Route 66. We stopped and toured that.



Ted Drew’s concrete. I had never heard of it. Finding out that it was the original frozen custard with added ingredients, much like the Dairy Queen blizzard, I had to try it. It was awesome, and that was my lunch. All of you guys that constantly eat healthy are cringing right now… I see you!

With my mouth full!


Our plan was to make it to Quincy, IL where Jackie’s daughter lives. So, we took off and headed north. We traveled up 79, just west of the Mississippi River. 
We saw some beautiful rolling hills and pretty barns. These back roads take a lot longer to travel, but they are very picturesque. 



In the town of Louisiana, we stopped so I could put my feet in the Mississippi. 


MARK TWAIN STATUE


When we arrived at Jackie’s daughter’s home, there was my long lost bag. Oh how I’ve missed you!


1 comment:

  1. I missed Part 2

    Need to try toasted or fried(?) ravioli ...
    I've had fried lasagna... Same food... different shape... LOL

    ReplyDelete