Sunday, July 17, 2016

ROAD TRIP - part 9

DAY 12 - CICERO, NY
FRIDAY, JULY 15, 2016

Jackie and I have been hold up in Cicero, NY after having problems with the Stella Maris trailer. Al, from Northside Collision, told us the tow truck would pick up Stella Maris at 8:30 this morning. Jackie and I arrived at the parking lot at 8:00 to make sure we didn’t miss them. We turned the corner and Stella was gone. My stomach turned a little bit. Visions of her being taken away by someone other than the planned move, ran through my head. An immediate call was made to Al, and he said the tow company decided it was best to get there before the traffic got heavy. We drove to Northside and there she was. She was being taken off the trailer as we entered the lot.


Northside Collision will have to use parts from the original maker of the trailer for liability reasons. This is unfortunate, because the trailer was built in Canada, and it will take a while to get the parts. It has been discussed, and the conclusion is that the trailer should have tandem axles instead of a single, due to the weight of the boat. So, not only will the repairs be done, another axle will be added. This process will take an estimated 2 or 3 weeks. Stella Maris will be left behind, Jackie and I will continue on to Oklahoma.

I asked Jackie about cushions for Stella Maris. The cockpit will be much more comfortable, and give her a more complete look with cushions. We went to Lowe’s and I purchased materials to pattern the cockpit and in the cabin. The canvas has already been chosen, and I will start on them as soon as I return to my shop in Kemah, TX. She will look snazzy! Jackie’s scamp, Cowboy Cookies, doesn’t have cushions either. A cockpit without cushions is a sin… and uncomfortable! She will get cushions also.  


While Jackie rested, I walked over to the Gander Mountain next door. My keen sandals have seen some better days. I am very thrifty… okay, I’m cheap, not wanting to spend $90 in the store, thinking I can maybe get a better price online. But not sure what size I wanted. The ones I have now are a little big, but when I bought them I needed a pair THAT DAY, and I had to get a pair that was a little big. Gander had them, I tried them on, and now I know what size to look for. Yay!

My dinner, not yours!


No comments:

Post a Comment