Wednesday, July 13, 2016

ROAD TRIP : part 5

DAY 8 - MICHIGAN
MONDAY, JULY 11, 2016
Jackie and I awoke to clouds and rain. Yesterday, we booked a sail on s/v FRIENDS*GOOD*WILL in South Haven, MI and we were not sure if it would be rained out. I ate my pecan pie from the Farmer’s Market in Quincy, IL while I packed my bag. Yes, that was my breakfast! Don't judge! We drove down to South Haven and the sail was still scheduled… so we had a wonderful two hours on Lake Michigan. Captain let me take the tiller for awhile. I guess he was confident in my abilities, because he told me to hold that heading and then went forward for a few minutes. It was the biggest tiller I have ever seen.
That's a big ass tiller!

Okay... the diet and exercise starts the minute I get back home!


We got a late start across Michigan, so we only made it to Romulus, just west of Detroit.

It was late when we got to the hotel, so we had a feast of our crackers, cheese, hummus, flatbreads... and of course I had my glass of wine... or two, or three. Oh, and, we stopped at a roadside stand and bought three slices of pie: cherry, plum and nectarine. And I wonder why my pants are fitting a little tighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment